What are you currently doing as far as lead generation? Once you have captured a lead, how are you nurturing them? Do you have a system in place to handle incoming leads? How are you getting your leads? These are all questions you need to answer when considering lead generation.
The key to successful lead generation isn’t just one aspect, it is a combination of tools and tricks that will make you successful. This blog focuses on website lead generation and how you can utilize certain aspects to increase your Return On Investment.
- Establish what you are currently doing. Do you have a process in place? If not, set them up and make sure they are followed from start to finish.
- Decide on what action you want a prospect to take. Do you want them to sign up? Or fill out the contact us form? You must decide what action you want taken and build your call to actions around that.
- What are your call to actions? Is it obvious to the prospect what action you want them to take? Make your call to actions in contrasting colors. This helps the prospect easily identify what they need to do.
- Are you tracking progress? Do you have google analytics set up? If not make sure you are tracking everything you can. There are numerous tools out there for tracking. One example is Inspectlet, this tool allows you to track the user while they are engaging on your site. You can see where people tend to go and see where people drop off. Then with the data gather you can make adjustments in order to make the user experience more friendly.
- Once someone clicks on the call to action where does it take them? It should take them to a landing page that includes a form or some type of action they expect to take. Make sure your landing page is clean and easy to understand.
- After the prospect has filled out the form or taken action, what occurs? Does it take them to a “Thank You” page? Are they immediately sent an auto responder email? Both of these tasks are important in nurturing your leads. A “Thank You” page is also another great way to track completion of an action. These simple steps go a long way in nurturing your leads.
Following up with your lead is vital for conversion. You must nurture your lead from beginning to end of the sales pipeline. Ask yourself the questions above and make sure you are completing each aspect fully. Now go capture those leads.